Friday 4 April 2008

Draggable EPG

So I've been playing with re-creating a google maps style draggable interface for time-based data - anything you can plot with time on the X axis. Looking around for data to try, I thought I'd give 'schedule' data a try.

The cool stuff here is the JS/CSS stuff I've built which allows you to drag around an infinite-size surface, and the JS which interprets the users interactions, and loads in new data accordingly. It seems nice, and has got some nice noises from the guys at the BBC - we're thinking of ways to use it, perhaps the Olympics data, perhaps Glastonbury stages etc - who knows.

I'll post more about how it works later, and its still a work in progress - the code is rubbish and needs improving, but its a start. Take a look... http://www.simoncross.com/epg

No comments: